As the foundation for all we do, DLLC commits to creating an inclusive, respectful and supportive environment for all faculty, students, and staff members. Racism, discrimination, or bullying in any form will not be tolerated.
- DLLC commits to diversifying and decolonizing our curriculum; to implementing antiracist pedagogy; and to making anti-racist texts and supplementary resources available.
- We commit to creating opportunities for and financially supporting antiracist teaching workshops and events for faculty in ways that do not place additional burden on faculty of color.
- We commit to ensuring that DLLC events are welcoming to and inclusive of students from historically marginalized groups and to diversifying our program through actively seeking minority speakers.
- We commit to developing concrete strategies to recruit, retain, and support diverse undergraduate and graduate students and faculty at all ranks and ensuring adequate representation within the department on all committees. We affirm our commitment to continued outreach with the Delaware K-12 system.
- We commit to seeking out and establishing scholarship and funding opportunities for minority students for study abroad and other opportunities.
- We commit to establishing a special departmental committee on Antiracism, Equity, and Diversity, to help hold us, as a department, accountable for enacting these steps and to assist us by engaging in dialogue, providing guidance, and serving as an ally and resource for students and faculty of color.
- DLLC commits to participating on the steering committee of the UD Antiracism Initiative, which is open to all UD faculty, staff, and students.