Freshman Year: Students begin using their ePortfolio if they are enrolled in 205 or 201 during the Spring Semester.
Sophomore Year: All other students begin using their ePortfolios. All must take the Praxis Core by the end of the Spring Semester.
Junior Year: All students must:
- take LLCU 421 during the Spring Semester.
- apply for student teaching.
- score at least an Intermediate High on the OPI (or Versant equivalent) before the end of the Spring Semester.Note: Failing to score at least an Intermediate High on the OPI cancels your student teaching placement.
Senior Year: All students must:
- score at least Advanced Low on the OPI by the end of the Fall Semester.
- have completed all pedagogy and language courses for the major.
- take the Praxis content test in either the Fall or the Spring.
- take the LLCU 491 capstone, the EDUC 400 student teaching course and register for and complete the EdTPA while student teaching.