In the spring of your Junior (or next-to-last) year, you must apply for admission to Student Teaching in the spring of your Senior (or last) year.
- For admission to student teaching, you must have an overall GPA of 2.75, a GPA of 3.0 in your language major, and a GPA of 3.0 in your foreign language methods courses.
- All required coursework in the language major, as well as the three required LLCU Methods courses and the two required EDUC courses, must be completed prior to student teaching.
- Demonstrate at least an Intermediate-High level of proficiency in the target language by the end of the spring semester of your Junior year by either taking the Versant test or the OPI.
Demonstrate at least an Intermediate-High level of proficiency in the target language by the end of the spring semester of your Junior year by either taking the Versant test or the OPI. In February of your Junior year, you are to submit the following documentation to your FLE program advisor:
- A completed student teaching application form, with your advisor's signature certifying an updated e-portfolio (undergraduate students only)
- A hard copy of your FEPs clearance proof (you should be able to generate one from either Taskstream or the website of Office of Clinical Studies if you have taken EDUC 413/613 and 419/619).
- A degree audit form (from UDSIS) showing that you have completed all major requirement courses and have a 3.0 minimum average.
- You will need to demonstrate at least an Intermediate-High level of proficiency in the target language. You can do this by either taking the Versant test at the Language Resource Center (006 Jastak-Burgess Hall) or by taking the OPI. Please submit a copy of your Versant test score or OPI score by the end of the spring semester of your Junior year.
In order to student teach during the spring of your last year, you must have the following:
- An OPI score documenting at least an Advanced-Low level of proficiency in the target language. The deadline for submitting those scores is the end of the fall semester of your Senior year.
- A cumulative 3.0 GPA on your past two years of coursework; OR SAT/ACT scores that are above the state's minimum requirements; OR passing scores on Praxis I-Educator Core. See here for more information about UD's minimum requirements for entry into student teaching and passing scores.
- Students who do not have the qualifications listed above to enter into student teaching may apply for a 10% waiver from the Foreign Language Education Advisory Committee (FLEAC). Please see the following instructions: UPDATED UCTE 10 waiver policy_DLLC.pdf