All full-time graduate students are automatically members of the Languages, Literatures and Cultures Association of Graduate Students (FLLAGS). The purpose of FLLAGS is to link the Department's graduate students with each other in order to build a sense of community; to provide a forum for open discussion designed to improve the student experience within the Department; and to serve as a vehicle for action in the interests of the Department's graduate students. Officers are elected in Spring for a one year term beginning in the Fall.
- We serve the interests of the department's graduate
- We provide a forum for open discussion aimed at
improving the student experience and quality of instruction within the
- We build a sense of community among graduate students.
- Spring semester of each year FLLAGS holds elections for the
foreign language graduate students to choose a new president and/or
- The FLLAGS leadership schedules meetings with fellow
grad students to discuss issues and concerns.
- These issues are then discussed with the graduate
faculty during monthly meetings.
- FLLAGS also plans social events throughout the semester
so students can just hang out.
This Page Last Modified On: