- Associate Professor of Italian
University of Delaware
303 Jastak-Burgess Hall
Newark, DE 19716
Courses Taught (Fall 2017)
|Course and Location||Days||Time|
|ITAL 211-010/080, 122 OCL||MWF||10:10 A.M. - 11:00 A.M.|
|ITAL 300-010/080, 122 OCL||MWF||11:15 A.M. - 12:05 P.M.|
|ITAL 107-012, 104 MDH||MWF||2:30 P.M. - 3:20 P.M.|
|ITAL 107-012, 210 EWG||T||2:30 P.M. - 3:20 P.M.|
|M||12:30 P.M. - 1:20 P.M.
|F||12:30 P.M. - 1:20 P.M.
Riccarda Saggese is an Associate Professor of Italian whose areas of interest are Italian language pedagogy, Nineteenth and Twentieth Century Italian Literature, childhood and literature in the 19th and 20th century, women writers in the second half of the 20th century, and Medieval History. Dr. Saggese’s passion, Medieval Studies, has inspired the publication of the book “Momenti medievali” (2010). Her interest for the Italian language and FL pedagogy and methodology has led to variety of textbooks. She also has been invited to organize and coordinate Italian Cultural and Linguistic workshops for the Delaware Department of Education. She teaches all levels of Italian language, culture, and literature courses.
- Ph.D. Italian Literature, Johns Hopkins University
- Diploma in Archival Science, Palaeography and Diplomacy, Archives of State of Milano, Italy
- Laurea in Philosophy, University of Naples, Italy
- Practice makes perfect (MacGraw-Hill, 2014)
- Momenti medievali (Brunolibri 2010)
- Easy Italian Reader (McGraw-Hill, 2005 and revised edition, with CD-ROM, in 2008
- Testing Program for Percorsi, Prentice Hall, 2008, with an internet resource, Companion Website (www.prenhall.com/percorsi), 2008
- The Big Green Book of Italian Verbs, with CD-ROM, McGraw-Hill, 2007
- Study Abroad:
- Since 1998 Dr. Saggese has directed as many as 18 programs abroad, during both the Winter and Summer Sessions. (www.udel.edu/global)
This entry was posted in Faculty.