Chungmin Maria Tu
- Assistant Professor of Chinese
University of Delaware
214 Jastak-Burgess Hall
Newark, DE 19716
|M||1:30 P.M. - 2:30 P.M.
|T||4:00 P.M. - 5:00 P.M.
|W||1:30 P.M. - 2:30 P.M.
|Th||4:00 P.M. - 5:00 P.M.
|F||1:30 P.M. - 2:30 P.M.
|F||4:00 P.M. - 5:00 P.M.
Dr. Chungmin Maria Tu is an Assistant Professor of Chinese Studies in the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures at the University of Delaware.
She received her Ph.D. degree in Comparative Literature at the University of Georgia. Since then she has taught a rich variety of courses ranging from comparative philosophy, English Writing, Western Literatures and Arts, to Chinese Language (at all levels), Chinese Women Literature, and Chinese films. Her research interests include comparative philosophies between Chinese thought and the postmodern Deleuzian philosophy, Jungian psychology, study of Chinese pedagogy and teaching of the Chinese language, and Buddhist meditation.
She also co-directed the US State Department’s NSLI-Y Summer Institute of Chinese Language and Culture in China as Language Supervisor for the past five years since 2007. The Institute annually provides 24 high-school top participants an intensive, six-week long academic program designed to immerse the American students in Chinese language and culture; and strengthen their understanding of the language and culture of the host country firsthand, while providing them with a unique opportunity for personal and intellectual growth.
- Ph.D., Comparative Literature, University of Georgia
- Articles in the following journals:
- Literature Journal, 2012 (China)
- Encyclopedia of Modern China, 2009 (USA)
- Studies in Languages and Literatures, 1998 (National Taiwan University, Taiwan)
- International Readings on Theory, History and Philosophy of Culture: Symbols, Images and Stereotypes: Artistic & Aesthetic Experience, 2000 (USA)
- Book Translations:
- A Journey Beyond Death: Dialogues Between A Contemporary Zen Master and His Disciples (a book written by a world renowned Buddhist Master, Rev. Master Hsin Tao)
- Maria Tu is currently revising her book manuscript: The Beautiful Waves: Deleuze and Chinese Philosophy.
This entry was posted in Faculty.